Cloud technologies are enabling organisations to transform rapidly, creating a high demand for cloud-savvy employees. As more and more companies adopt cloud services, there’s an immense drive to hire people with cloud computing skills, which LinkedIn recognised as the most in-demand hard skills in the tech market.
ALX is launching a new programme to help you gain the skills to master cloud engineering. The ALX Cloud Practitioner Programme will provide you with a solid understanding of AWS Cloud concepts and services - without any prior IT experience needed. Prepare for in-demand cloud jobs with this globally-recognised certification and become an expert in a rapidly growing industry, making sure you stay ahead of the curve in Cloud innovation.
In partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS), the market leader among the world’s biggest cloud services, the AWS Cloud Practitioner programme will prepare you for a career with top international companies that use cloud-based technologies, such as Samsung, BMW, Sony, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, Airbnb, Siemens, Adobe, Netflix, Pfizer, and many more.
If you want to start a successful career in IT, now is the time to gain expertise and training in cloud computing, with ALX and AWS.
What career will this programme prepare me for?
- Cloud DevOps Engineer - Work with software developers to ensure smooth deployment and operation of applications in a cloud environment.
- Full Stack Web Developer - Build both the front-end and back-end of a website.
- Cloud Developer/Engineer - Build and maintain software features and functions, databases and applications for cloud technologies.
- Cloud Architect - Design and implement strategies to build and maintain the core cloud infrastructure of an organisation.
- Cloud Consultant - Work independently or join a company to help identify and act on their cloud needs, helping them leverage cloud computing for safer, more efficient operations.
- Project Manager - AWS Cloud - Become a leader and manage multiple AWS cloud developments across the life cycle of cloud-managed services, including managing the work of architects, engineers, and vendors.
… and many more.
Our partnerships allow us to offer eligible candidates access to world-class training with all programme costs waived. For all successfully accepted learners, ALX charges a one-time administration fee to confirm enrollment into the programme. Sponsored and self-funded placements available now.
Self-funded US/Europe USD $14,500 (Admin Fee Incl.)
Self-funded Africa USD $7,500 (Admin Fee Incl.)
Sponsored Placements USD $300 (Admin Fee)
*For more information, click here
What you’ll learn
- Knowledge of core AWS and cloud computing services, including use cases, data security, billing, and pricing models.
- Understanding of how software and hardware systems bring business visions to life.
- Navigating the architecting and deployment of application within AWS platforms.
- Developing plans for the adoption of cloud solutions.
- Management and monitoring of cloud platforms.
- Understand the two clouds: Sales & Marketing and Support Cloud.
- Data management and Setup navigation.
The ALX Journey
There are plenty of programmes that teach tech skills. At ALX, our “secret sauce” comes from our career-focused approach to learning. Through our hybrid learning model, we aim to develop well-rounded tech professionals who are equipped with both the professional and technical skills that enable them to thrive in the most in-demand, high-growth industries.
Learners in our AWS Cloud Practitioner programme will benefit from in-person ALX Foundations training at the start of the course. With ALX Foundations, you can expect a transformative three-month experience that will give you the edge to stand out in the job market, with expert training in interview techniques, soft skills, and essential career competencies.
Gain Access to The ROOM
Our Prestigious Talent Community to Power Your Future
An unrivalled community offering incredible support to accelerate your future career in tech. Utilising the best of virtual community building through our dedicated portal, combined with exclusive in-person experiences, events and opportunities.
- 7 months, 25-30 hours/week
- Access to a laptop or desktop
- Access to a stable internet connection
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Between 18-34 years of age
- Of African Origin
- Build your foundations to thrive in the modern world of work.
- Engage in a hybrid learning experience with both in-person and online elements to help you succeed.
- Gain access to The ROOM Fellowship, our prestigious talent community where you can gain access to world-class events, perks and rewards, and lifelong learning.
- Receive an AWS Cloud Essentials Certification.
- Receive an AWS Solutions Architect Certification.
- Join our global tech talent community and continue your career journey.
Hear From Our Community
“ALX got me to step out of the norm into a totally different industry. I could never have imagined that I would be studying Software Engineering.”
— Busisiwe Duma, South Africa
“The program is challenging, but the hard things in life are the things that lead you further.”
— Jemima, South Africa
“Don’t let your gender define what you do. There are always unlimited opportunities - so with this ALX course I just took it.”
— Rufaro Razuwika, South Africa
ALX Young Leaders On The Move
ALX does not offer the option to pay for our administration fee in instalments at this time.
ALX has the following payment terms:
For our part time Introduction to Software Engineering, payment will be due from one month before the programme start date, and no later than 5 business days before the programme start date.
For our full time Software Engineering programme, payment will be due after successful completion of month-1 of the programme.
For our Data Analytics, AWS Cloud Computing and Salesforce Administrator programmes, payment is due within two weeks of receiving the notification of acceptance into the programme.
You can either pay for the ALX Administration fee yourself or have someone pay for you on your behalf. We accept all major credit cards, apple and google pay, paypal and mobile payment options. You will have the option to pay in local currency or in USD.
If you defer BEFORE before confirming your enrollment and completing your registration fee, your fee will roll over to the next cohort and you will need to complete payment prior to starting.
If you defer AFTER you have confirmed enrollment and paid your registration fee, your place will roll over to the next cohort and you will NOT need to pay the registration fee again. Please note that the deferment cut off date is at the end of week 2 of your programme. After this date you will not be able to select to defer and will be considered as having dropped out of your programme.
NB: ALX continuously evolves its programme portfolio and we cannot guarantee that your selected programme will be available in the next cohort.
Follow us on social media for updates