As the tech ecosystem continues to evolve, innovators are required who are able to develop cutting-edge solutions that draw from engineering principles and programming skills. In this landscape, the fast-growing field of software development offers some of the most lucrative and exciting career opportunities, with companies seeking tech professionals who can solve 21st-century problems.
In the tech industry, the key to success is to learn agilely, stay up-to-date with disruptive technology, and develop knowledge that will help you advance to the next level. With a world-class curriculum, the ALX Software Engineering programme will prepare you for a successful career in one of the most in-demand fields on the planet.
What career will this programme prepare me for?
- Front-End Engineer
- Back-End Engineer
- Full-Stack Engineer
- Graphics Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Mobile App Developer
- Embedded System Engineer
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Systems Administrator
Our partnerships allow us to offer eligible candidates access to world-class training with all programme costs waived. For all successfully accepted learners, ALX charges a one-time administration fee to confirm enrollment into the programme. Sponsored and self-funded placements available now.
Self-funded US/Europe USD $79,500 (Admin Fee Incl.)
Self-funded Africa USD $39,750 (Admin Fee Incl.)
Sponsored Placements USD $400 (Admin Fee)
*For more information, click here
What you’ll learn
- Problem- solve using coding and other forms of technology
- Develop design systems and gather information on project limitations, capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Model a system or application to help developers write the code that is needed
- Calculate, recommend, and plan computer specifications, layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications through analysis and recommendation
- Analyse system capabilities and requirements by storing, retrieving, and manipulating data
- Key professional competencies such as project management, critical thinking, creative problem solving, interview techniques, communication and collaboration skills
The ALX Journey
There are plenty of programmes that teach tech skills. At ALX, our “secret sauce” comes from our career-focused approach to learning. We aim to develop well-rounded tech professionals who are equipped with both the professional and technical skills that enable them to thrive in the most in-demand, high-growth industries.
Gain Access to The ROOM
Our Prestigious Talent Community to Power Your Future
An unrivalled community offering incredible support to accelerate your future career in tech. Utilising the best of virtual community building through our dedicated portal, combined with exclusive in-person experiences, events and opportunities.
- 12 months, 70 hours/week
- Access to a laptop or desktop.
- Access to a stable internet connection
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Between 18-34 years of age
- Build your foundations to thrive in the modern world of work
- Engage in a hybrid learning experience with both in-person and online elements to help you succeed
- Gain access to The ROOM Fellowship, our prestigious talent community that offers world-class events, perks and rewards, and lifelong learning
- Understand multiple programming languages and develop front-end and back-end specialisation
- Receive a Software Engineer Certification
- Join our global tech talent community and continue your career journey
Hear From Our Community
“ALX got me to step out of the norm into a totally different industry. I could never have imagined that I would be studying Software Engineering.”
— Busisiwe Duma, South Africa
“The program is challenging, but the hard things in life are the things that lead you further.”
— Jemima, South Africa
“Don’t let your gender define what you do. There are always unlimited opportunities - so with this ALX course I just took it.”
— Rufaro Razuwika, South Africa
ALX Young Leaders On The Move
ALX does not offer the option to pay for our administration fee in instalments at this time.
ALX has the following payment terms:
For our part time Introduction to Software Engineering, payment will be due from one month before the programme start date, and no later than 5 business days before the programme start date.
For our full time Software Engineering programme, payment will be due after successful completion of month-1 of the programme.
For our Data Analytics, AWS Cloud Computing and Salesforce Administrator programmes, payment is due within two weeks of receiving the notification of acceptance into the programme.
You can either pay for the ALX Administration fee yourself or have someone pay for you on your behalf. We accept all major credit cards, apple and google pay, paypal and mobile payment options. You will have the option to pay in local currency or in USD.
If you defer BEFORE before confirming your enrollment and completing your registration fee, your fee will roll over to the next cohort and you will need to complete payment prior to starting.
If you defer AFTER you have confirmed enrollment and paid your registration fee, your place will roll over to the next cohort and you will NOT need to pay the registration fee again. Please note that the deferment cut off date is at the end of week 2 of your programme. After this date you will not be able to select to defer and will be considered as having dropped out of your programme.
NB: ALX continuously evolves its programme portfolio and we cannot guarantee that your selected programme will be available in the next cohort.
Follow us on social media for updates